Part one of the 2013 Certificate program:
Sustainable Fashion: Timeless or Trendy?
It’s no secret that mainstream fashion has a bad eco-reputation, but there’s a new movement in vogue.
Our illustrious panel of eco fashion innovators will discuss fashion’s negative environmental impact and new sustainable approaches to materials, production, recycling and toxic waste.
Gain insight into the challenges of designing eco- fashion and promoting it to mainstream fashionistas. How do you convince designers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers that eco-friendly fashion can also be chic and trendy?
Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013
Time: 6:00 – 6:30 Doors Open and Early Networking
6:30 – 8:00 Program
8:00 – 9:00 Reception and Fashion Alley
Location: Chadbourne and Parke LLP, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, 23rd Floor
Cost: $25 for CBSAC/NY, NYBSC, Manhattan Chamber of Commerce Members, and students, $40 for non-members
$60 for all walk-ins if space is available.
Click here to buy tickets! [Photo ID is needed to enter the building.]
Click here to join CBSAC/NY and enjoy members’ pricing and many more benefits!
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
email to a friend
Advance registration for all CBSAC/NY events closes at 12:00 noon on the day of the event. You may purchase a ticket online until then. If you don’t register in advance and there is still space, you may get a ticket at the door, at the higher walk-in rate. Photo ID is needed to enter the building.
• Christa Dowling, Global Cultural Advisor and Journalist, Author, Former Editor-in -Chief, Conde Nast/Vogue, Germany
• Yael Aflalo, Founder and CEO, Reformation (designs from repurposed fabrics)www.thereformation.com
• Sass Brown, Acting Assistant Dean School of Art and Design, FIT, Author www.ecofashiontalk.com
• Raz Godelnik, Adjunct Professor at CUNY, the New School, and University of Delaware; Founder, Hemper Jeans, an eco-fashion jeans company using hemp www.hemperjeans.com
• Gretchen Jones, Eco-Fashion Designer; Project Runway Season 8 Winner www.gretchenjonesnyc.com
• Catherine Tyc, Filmmaker (working on sustainable fashion documentary) http://swapthemovie.wordpress.com/
EXCLUSIVE RECEPTION EXTRA:
Fashion Alley: an exciting showcase of up and coming sustainable brands
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Season 4 Certificate Program on Sustainable Business
First event of a five-part series on sustainable business. Attend four out of five events January through June 2013 and earn a Certificate. Future topics include Real Estate, Food, a Sustainability Site Tour (TBD), and Energy.
For more information: www.cbsacny.org or email@example.com. Follow us and the MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN series on Twitter @CBSACNY_SBC, #MGFG and the club on Facebook.
NON-MEMBERS and WALK-INS WELCOME (photo ID required)
Our thanks to Chadbourne and Parke LLP for hosting this event.
This event was organized by Sarah King, Jennifer Lee, Melissa Young, and the Sustainable Business Committee. It is co-sponsored by the Fashion and Retail Committee, Maurice Triquet, Chair.